Senior Controls Engineer
Primary objective will be to lead the electrical engineering group from start to finish on automation projects. Duties involve system component specification, system design, PLC/HMI and servo programming. This position will evaluate customer requirements/specifications in order to create a cost effective and reliable solution for our customers. During project lifecycles, the engineer will have to coordinate control designers/engineers and assembly personnel to successfully complete projects within targeted schedule. Ability to foster and work within a team setting is a must but ability to make technical decisions appropriate to the success of the project is critical.
Requirements for consideration are:
- BSEE/BSCE or equivalent engineering degree from an accredited school.
- Proven problem solver with integral involvement in several successful automated control system projects (5+ years of experience minimum).
- Attention to detail and thoroughness is a must.
- Must have experience with and understanding of: discrete I/O, analog I/O, servo control, PLC ladder logic (Omron preferred), operation of electrical control components (relays, switches, circuit breakers, etc.), RS232/422 communication, ethernet TCP/IP communication, ethernet IP communication.
- Understanding of UL requirements for industrial automation equipment and enclosed industrial control panels.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Healthy work ethic. Ability to work for long periods self-supervised and keep your team on target.
- Must have the ability to assist and train others in troubleshooting. Must be capable of using an oscilloscope and multi-meter. Electrical troubleshooting skills required for machine startup, debug and commissioning.
- May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Ability to develop controls packages from scratch including documentation. Includes conceptual design during quotation phase, coordination of electrical drawing package to meet project’s requirements per applicable codes, selection of hardware components, provide technical guidance for manuals. AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Extensive PLC and HMI system experience is a must. Our most successful engineers are outstanding software developers with an aptitude to learn and adapt to new platforms. Knowledge and experience with vision systems, robotic workcells, and custom PC applications a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. This role must maintain effective communication with customers and team members
- Must be able to communicate hardware requirements and obtain competitive quotes from hardware vendors.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Love of a good challenge.
Travel Requirements vary by project but could be up to 10%.
At CTI Systems, we take pride in creating equipment that is used for the production of products ranging from consumer electronics to military electronics applications. If you love to design and create automation in order to meet a challenging goal, come see us – we believe that you’ll find a happy home here at CTI. Send resume to email@example.com